U.S. Galaxy S4 Stock Firmwares
Sprint Galaxy S4 Stock Firmware – SPH-L720
- Sprint Galaxy S4 SPH-L720 VPUFNG2 (Android 4.4.4) – Download [Latest]
- Sprint Galaxy S4 SPH-L720 VPUFNAE (Android 4.4.2) – Download
- Sprint Galaxy S4 SPH-L720 VPUAMDC (Android 4.2.2) – Download
AT&T Galaxy S4 Stock Firmware – SGH-i337
- AT&T Galaxy S4 SGH-I337 UCUFNB1 (Android 4.4.2) – Download [Latest]
- AT&T Galaxy S4 SGH-I337 UCUAMDB (Android 4.2.2) – Download
- AT&T Galaxy S4 SGH-I337 UCUAMDL (Android 4.2.2) – Download
T-Mobile Galaxy S4 Stock Firmware SGH-M919
- T-Mobile Galaxy S4 SGH-M989 UVUFNB4 (Android 4.4.2) – Download [Latest]
- T-Mobile Galaxy S4 SGH-M919 UVUAMDL (Android 4.2.2) – Download
MetroPCS Galaxy S4 Stock Firmware SGH-M919N
MetroPCS Galaxy S4 SGH-M989N UVUFNK3 (Android 4.4.4) – Download [Latest]
Verizon Galaxy S4 Stock Firmware SCH-i545
These are stock firmwares for Verizon Galaxy S4 with model number of SCH-i545 only. Any update above Android 4.3+ will lock your bootloaders so do not update unless you are already on Android 4.3 or higher, otherwise you will lose your ability to have unlocked bootloader!
- Verizon Galaxy S4 SCH-i545 VRUFNK1 (Android 4.4.2) – Download [Latest]
- Verizon Galaxy S4 SCH-i545 VRUFNC5 (Android 4.4.2) – Download
- Verizon Galaxy S4 SCH-i545 VRUAMDK (Android 4.2.2) – Download
What is a Custom ROM?
A custom ROM is a custom, modified operating system that you can install on your Android device. Basically it's like installing Windows OS on a Macbook. By installing a custom ROM, you can bypass stock factory settings like locked hotspot tether, install new Android versions early, or even convert your phone into another OS.
With a custom ROM, you can really maximize the capabilities of your smartphone by adding custom features that have been developed by open source developers.
How to Install Custom ROMs
First, you will need to root your device, if it is not rooted yet, follow our root tutorial and root your phone.
Once rooted, you should have TWRP installed on your phone. Installation of a custom ROM is easy if you learn the basic of it. If you don't know how to install custom ROMs using TWRP recovery, see our tutorial on How to Install Custom ROM using TWRP!