Make sure you are using CWM v.220.127.116.11 or higher to install Android 5.0+ Lollipop ROMs! Also you can use TWRP v18.104.22.168 or higher. You can update your CWM recovery using ROM Manager app on Play Store or TWRP Recovery using Goo Manager on Play Store. If having trouble, you can update manually, see our CWM/TWRP Recovery for Galaxy S4. For AT&T or Verizon with Loki, see How to Update with TWRP v22.214.171.124!
To install, reboot into recovery, make backup ROM, wipe data/factory reset, install ROM, and reboot. (If for some reason you end up in a bootloop or get force-closed keyboard error on boot, reboot into CWM recovery, go to Mounts & Storage->format /system. For TWRP, go to Wipe->Advanced Wipe->Wipe /system.)
(First time installing custom ROM? See How to Install Custom ROM on Galaxy S4 first!)
Credits – XDA <— Please donate to the developer of this ROM or hit Thanks button on XDA if you like it, thx!
- Want Flash Player? See How to Install Flash Player on Android Lollipop!
- Want Xposed for Lollipop? See How to Install Xposed for Android Lollipop!
- If you want some awesome audio, check out Viper4Audio FX MOD, which you can install on this ROM to enhance your music 100%.
- If you want to run your apps in tablet/hybrid/custom DPI mode, see our Xposed App Settings guide.
- Need to run apps that check for root? Check out How to Run Apps that’s don’t run on rooted Android!
- If you want PIE Controls, see our LMT Pie Control guide.
What is a Custom ROM?
A custom ROM is a custom, modified operating system that you can install on your Android device. Basically it's like installing Windows OS on a Macbook. By installing a custom ROM, you can bypass stock factory settings like locked hotspot tether, install new Android versions early, or even convert your phone into another OS.
With a custom ROM, you can really maximize the capabilities of your smartphone by adding custom features that have been developed by open source developers.
How to Install Custom ROMs
First, you will need to root your device, if it is not rooted yet, follow our root tutorial and root your phone.
Once rooted, you should have TWRP installed on your phone. Installation of a custom ROM is easy if you learn the basic of it. If you don't know how to install custom ROMs using TWRP recovery, see our tutorial on How to Install Custom ROM using TWRP!