For this week’s Galaxy S4 ROM of the Week, check out LiquidSmooth ROM.
Based on latest Android 4.4.4, the latest LiquidSmooth ROM v3.2 brings you the best in Android 4.4.4 along with slew of customization/features through its LiquidSmooth ROM settings.
The LiquidSmooth ROM v3.2 is available for the Qualcomm-based variants of Galaxy S4 (such as AT&T, T-Mobile, Sprint, Verizon, Canadian, Cricket, MetroPCS, and US Cellular) but cannot be installed if you are using SafeStrap recovery. Also there is no LiquidSmooth ROM based on latest KitKat for GT-i9500 (sorry!).
LiquidSmooth ROM is an AOSP ROM (What is AOSP?) that will turn your Galaxy S4 into a pure Google Nexus device. Of course, you will lose all inherent TouchWiz features such as Air Gestures, 64GB microSD card support (AOSP ROMs only support up to 32GB in FAT32 format usually) but for what you get in customization with LiquidSmooth ROM will certainly make up for it. This isn’t for everyone of course but you get the idea and you can always backup your favorite TouchWiz ROM, try LiquidSmooth, then go back to your old ROM if you absolutely don’t like it much.
Overall, LiquidSmooth ROM will bring you up to speed on what Google is doing with the latest Android 4.4.4 along with different ways to make your Galaxy S4 better/smarter so definitely give this guy a go this week(end) and do let me know what you think!
Download Android 4.4.4 Gapps (I recommend using micro as you get two cameras. (AOSP + Google Camera)
THIS ROM DOES NOT WORK WITH SAFESTRAP!!!
Make sure you are using CWM v.126.96.36.199 or higher to install Android 4.4.2/4.4.3/4.4.4 KitKat ROMs! Also you can use TWRP v188.8.131.52 or higher. You can update your CWM recovery using ROM Manager app on Play Store or TWRP Recovery using Goo Manager on Play Store. If having trouble, you can update manually, see our CWM/TWRP Recovery for Galaxy S4.
(First time installing custom ROM? See How to Install Custom ROM on Galaxy S4 first!)
- Want a height-adjustable keyboard? Check out How to Install LG G3 Keyboard!
- Want latest Android L Preview Keyboard? See How to Install Android L Preview Keyboard on rooted Android!
- Want Flash Player? See How to Install Flash Player on Android 4.4.2/4.4.3 KitKat!
- If you want some awesome audio, check out Viper4Audio FX MOD, which you can install on this ROM to enhance your music 100%.
- If you want to run your apps in tablet/hybrid/custom DPI mode, see our Xposed App Settings guide.
- If you want PIE Controls, see our LMT Pie Control guide.
- Need to run apps that check for root? Check out How to Run Apps that’s don’t run on rooted Android!
- Want to listen to YouTube music with screen off? Check out How to Playback YouTube videos with Screen-Off!
- Need multi-window? Check out How to Add Multi-Window to Any Rooted Android!
Q: My 3G/4G LTE data is not working!!!
A: See How to Fix 3G/4G LTE data by Manually Setting APN on Android!
Q: My 64GB SD card does not work!
A: AOSP ROMs (What is AOSP?) do not support beyond 32GB of microSD external storage.
Q: I don’t have Play Store nor any of the Google apps!
A: You forgot to install Gapps, reboot into recovery and install it! (See above for download.)
Q: The ROM is not booting!
A: Try formatting /system and re-install ROM, sometimes the system partition gets corrupt and you may have to try 2 or 3 times before the ROM boots.